Treatment for Hereditary Retinal Dystrophy
Name: Mohamed A.
Diagnosis: Eye Disease
D.O.B: 27 October 2007
Country: United Arab Emirates
Treatment: Stem Cell Implantations via retrobulbar injection, lumbar puncture and IV injection, combined with daily injection of Mouse Nerve Growth Factor and Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM).
Mohamed was admitted to Beijing Puhua International Hospital (BPIH) as he was complaining about progressive visual impairment.
When he was only 1 month old, his family noticed that Mohamed liked very bright lights. Upon further investigations at the hospital, it was discovered that he had very poor vision. His two brothers were diagnosed with a similar medical condition, however the cause was unknown. Finally in Sep 2015, Mohamed was diagnosed with Hereditary Retinal Dystrophy at one of London’s hospitals. His two brothers (one younger brother and one older brother) and 1 younger sister were diagnosed with same condition. His parents are individuals who are closely related. It is now known, that the children of consanguineous unions may be at increased risk for recessive disorders because of the expression of autosomal recessive gene mutations, inherited from a common ancestor are very high. Mohamed and his brothers and sister were a clear example of this problem.
Symptomatic Treatment for Eye Disease:
He was first admitted to BPIH on August 12th 2017 and received 3 weeks of treatment. His treatment plan was as follows:
2 times Retrobulbar Injection Therapy + 1 time via lumbar puncture and 1 time via IV; Muscle Growth Factor injections; Traditional Chinese Medicine Treatments and other supporting Therapies.
The patient gained significant improvement after the first treatment.
Vision examination of August 15th 2017: Right eye: not cooperating, Left eye: 0.15
Vision examination of March 20th 2018: Right eye: not cooperating, Left eye: 0.3
Below we are comparing the examination results from 2017 and 2018.
After the first course.
His vision improved a lot compared to his admission in 2017. Before the initial treatment, he could only see 1.5 meters. Currently he can see about 3 meters.
We are looking forward to further improvements after the second course of treatment.
Quelles sont les démarches?
1. Contactez-nous: remplissez ce formulaire, envoyez un email ou appelez-nous.
2. Envoyez-nous vos documents médicaux. Nous les ferons traduire par des professionnels de la santé et nous les transmettrons à nos experts.
3. Nous vous ferons parvenir les différents plans et prix de traitement possibles et nous vous aiderons à choisir la meilleure option pour vous.
4. Si vous le souhaitez, nous pouvons vous aider à organiser vos vols et votre hébergement.
5. Votre accompagnateur médical attitré vous attendra dès la porte des arrivées et vous accompagnera tout au long de votre traitement.
6. Nous vous ferons parvenir les documents de sortie traduits et resterons en contact avec vous après votre départ.
Toujours là pour vous,